February 8, 2017 by
Are you a farmer, food processer, business owner or chef? Do you work in a food or health-related industry? Have you always wanted to learn more about how to market your business, especially in today’s changing digital landscape? Then don’t miss this incredible opportunity to participate in Foodlink’s Conference “It’s all about Marketing” on February 27 at Kitchener Public Library. The day-long conference will feature a keynote address by Teresa Renee of Designed to Connect, marketing workshops, a community resource panel, peer-to-peer sessions, networking and more.
To fuel your brain and your body a delicious lunch will be prepared by Little Mushroom Catering featuring healthy local food from some of our Foodlink partner farms. You’ll even be able to cap off the day of learning and fun with an after party at Descendants Brewery!
To kick off the event, Teresa Renee will present the keynote address “Food Marketing in the Digital Landscape”. Reaching potential clients as a farmer, restaurant owner or small business is vastly different. However, it is easier today than ever before. Teresa will help participants discover how to bring their brand to life online. She will share strategies and examples of how to make marketing most effective while staying within budget.
Following the keynote, conference attendees will split up into one of five different Marketing Workshops for which they have preregistered:
- Branding - Jolene McDonald Szabo, The Blondes
- Display & Food Presentation - Michelle Herrle
- Social Media Marketing - Kris Ronan, Intrigue Media
- Online E-magazine Marketing/Video Production - Kathleen Beauvais, Healthy Waterloo Region & Sheryl Plouffe
- Nine Secrets of On-farm Marketing - Cathy Bartolic, OFFMA
Highlights of the afternoon will include a moderated ‘Community Resource Panel’ in the theatre and Peer to Peer Breakout sessions where participants can learn from one another and share success stories. These sessions will be facilitated by leaders in the industry:
- Farmers & Food Producers: Dale Stevanus, Stevanus Family Farm
- Chefs & Restaurateurs: Nick Benninger, TacoFarm
- Food Processors/Retailers: Jill Weaver, Stock Exchange
- Academic/Institutions: Tony Doyle, Durham College Centre for Food
- Health & Wellness Practitioners: Stephanie Goertz, Healthy Connection
Whether you are an experienced marketing professional, a traditional farmer, a student, a health practitioner or a local food advocate, this conference is one you won’t want to miss out on. For more information contact the Foodlink office or get your tickets here: https://kitchenerwaterloo.snapd.com/#/events/view/1010889
Thank you to our Major Event Sponsors Libro Credit Union, Durham College & The Blondes.